Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Master

I've watched too many movies lately... reason for which it's even more of a shame that I have not been writing anything. 

On the other hand, I have been a little more active trying to improve my rendering skills, and after watching the superb performance of Joaquin Phoenix in The Master, I just had to try to emulate one his expressions.

I shall say quickly before showing you my not-so-much-of-a-masterpiece that I recommend The Master a little too much. It's been more than a month since I've watched it and scenes from the movie keep popping into my mind, so it's safe to say it made a very strong impression.  Still, be prepared for a slow movie, so collect a little bit of patience to get through a group of main characters that are not so likeable at all, although very human, whose peculiarities tangle up in a story worth watching. Of course, such complicated characters had to be delivered well to make the story work... and as said before regarding the performances: achievement (ultra) accomplished. If they had come to ask me who should have that Academy Award for best male performance gone to, I would have said Phoenix; no doubt (Phoenix was a nominee, but got beaten by Daniel Lewis, who played Lincoln in the 2013 Academy Awards). Too bad for poor Joaquin Phoenix that no one did ask me haha. Anyway, not only he was great... all the cast was amazing. Another extra point for The Master: the cinematography; every frame is a beautiful picture. 

Anyway, about how movies might inspire this little creature behind the keyboard... what follows is the result:






I think the feeling might there... but saddly this doesn't look like Joaquin Phoenix haha (below, the reference image)



So, Michelle, more luck next time regarding digital painting! 

Meanwhile... I have some few more comic ideas in store... (stupid things keep on happening and silly ideas crossing my mind) :D Let's see when I can bring myself to make the rest of them take a pixel form.

No comments :

Post a Comment